Monday, March 22, 2010

Ford With Force: On The Way To The Promise Land


As an avid fan of Ford vehicles, I can really say that Ford cars are absolutely power performers. There’s no doubt about that! There are lots of instances when Ford cars have proven that they are the world renowned champion… And they will keep on fighting ‘til the end! Even my Mercedes car with splendid Mercedes Benz headlight rims cannot defy the power that is packed on every Ford vehicle!

Talk about power and speed, another Ford vehicle has displayed an exquisite performance on the race tracks! I’m talking about the Castrol GTX High Mileage Ford Mustang! This muscle racing car is driven by John Force, one of Ford Racing’s outstanding drivers. The Mustang and John Force are headed to their ultimate goal… the inaugural NHRA Countdown to the Championship! They sealed the championship berth by winning the event at the Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd, Minnesota.

From the news that I’ve read on FordRacing.com, John Force was asked: "Do you believe in momentum? Can you carry this over into this weekend at reading, and through the rest of the year?" John Forced replied, “Without a doubt. When you get on a roll, I’ve had where I won five races in a row before, five National events. I’ve won Brainard at least 11 times now. So, that’s quite an accomplishment. I don’t think anybody has won it more than three times. What’s amazing is you can get on a roll because of your mental attitude. We were beat-up pretty good, but I got to tell you what, we’ve learned how to win, but long before we won - 15 championships as a team and 14 as a driver, myself - before we won all that I had a lot of practice at losing, and I never gave up losing. I never accept that. Was I on overload? Everything between getting organized and on the new projects, it was a ton of overload, but I never forgot how I won. And [crew chief, Austin] Coil and I, one thing about it, we never panicked, we never talked about should we shuffle things around.

“We lost major players. Dean Antonelli went to run Ashley’s car and it was flying; now it’s struggling. But the racing events have almost become a two-shot race. You’ve got to get it qualified in two shots, because in the four, you’re put in the heat of the day. You’ve got to get those two shots in. If you struggle, then you’ve got a long shot in qualifying in the heat. But, what we never did was change the way we got here. We don’t just jump up and say ‘Well, the driver’s bad or crew chief’s bad, let’s make a change.’ I don’t do the game that way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment